Leckwith Droves Allotments 

Committee Meeting – Sunday 6th March 2022

11:30 

  1. Apologies for absence : Nigel Bevan, Dorothy Hursthouse, Kirsteen James, Steve Stokes, Frankie Finn, Diana Bianchi, Tony Tanti, Peter Edwards.

  2. Agree the minutes of the last meeting held on  6.02.22 Minutes agreed as a true record by those present.

  3. Matters arising.

  • The situation re inappropriate facebook post is being dealt with by the registered plot holder.

  • Sadly Ginger the cat passed away last month.

  • The roof in the communal area is due to be replaced this week.

  • The pond has frogspawn this year so the planned renovations will not go ahead for another 14 weeks. The contractor has been notified

  1. Treasurer's Report

  • ML reported that a new Metrobank account has been opened  with 2 debit cards, a cheque book and online banking

  • Solo contactless payment is up and running in the shop and for key deposits.

  • Balances stand at £10,928 in general account and £2,976 in the shop account with planned expenditure of £1,700. Further details are available on request

  1.  Progress updates and items for discussion:

  • Lettings report

7 plots are due to have tenancies terminated and 3 to be let out on Saturday

  • Wildlife group report

Nothing to report this month

  • Rubbish disposal

Peter S  has received a quote for £1330 plus VAT to clear rubbish from a number of plots before they can be let.

  • Lock on inner gate

The lock is worn. JP to have a look to see what can be done.

Any  other business

  • Dog fouling, people walking dogs after sunset and fly tipping  are ongoing problems. Celia Hart is dealing with fly tipping; and Peter S to ask Council for signs re: dog fouling

  • Social events: A 'meet the committee' event with tea and cake agreed to be held following next month's meeting.

 

Date and time of next meeting.: Sunday 3rd April @11:30