RHS Tips for January
Although its midwinter there are still jobs to get on with.
1. Recycle your Christmas tree by shredding it for mulch.
2. Clean flowerpots and greenhouses ready for spring.
3. Dig over vacant ground.
4. Prune apple and pear trees.
5. Starting forcing rhubarb.
6. Plan your crop rotation and planting for the spring.
7. Put out food and water out for wild birds.
I will also be pruning my fig tree, black currant and gooseberry bushes, and autumn raspberry canes.
If you have any good tips for August, please drop us a line at email@example.com